Thursday, March 29, 2012

Author Spotlight: Brandon Mull

You've probably heard of the New York Times best selling author, Brandon Mull. I'm proud to say he lives in Utah, and that I've met him a few times because he attends local writers conferences and book signings. He seems genuinely appreciative of his young fans and expresses interest in their lives. Go Brandon!

Take a look at his work:
Beyonders
Fablehaven
Candy Shop War
Pingo (a picture book)

He's actually on tour right as we blog, and you can visit his site to see if he's stopping in your state. If you know any young readers who enjoy fantasy, this guy is a top notch suggestion.

See you all this Sunday for the start of the A-Z Blogging Challenge!

8 comments:

larainydays said...

My book crazy nephew told me in great detail about the Fablehaven series. He's a super fan.

Kim Rempel said...

My kids had read the Fablehaven books on their own a while back. And because they they were so well-loved, one of them asked me to read them to him at night - just for the experience together. So each night we read a chapter or two and I am totally into it! Right now we're in the middle of Book 2. I love that he doesn't dumb down the language. Excellent vocabulary...and a good thrill before bedtime ; )

Beth said...

I read all of the Fablehaven books out loud to my girls, and we all loved them! I'm on my way to his site, to see if he's coming to Canada.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Michelle - how fabulous you've met him and see him around at book fairs etc .. interesting guy by the sound of it ..

See you on the A - Z .. cheers Hilary

Carolyn V said...

Great spotlight Michelle! Brandon is one of our favorite authors around here.

Konstanz Silverbow said...

Brandon Mull has been one of my favorite authors!

I'm just dropping by to say hello! I look forward to seeing the alphabet all over your blog in April!

Konstanz Silverbow
nothoughts2small.blogspot.com
A to Z Co-host
www.a-to-zchallenge.com

Cat Lavoie said...

I'll definitely need to check out Brandon's books. I love the cover of Pingo. So cute!

See you during the A to Z! Can't wait to know your theme! :)

Leslie S. Rose said...

Thanks for the rec. Looking forward to your A to Z posts. BTW - My class loves My Teacher is an Alien.