Thursday, March 1, 2012

Author Spotlight: Alane Ferguson

Forensic mystery is quite popular on television, and Alane's forensic mystery series for young adults is equally as interesting. Her most recent is The Dying Breath, published last year.

In trying to pick one of Alane's strengths to highlight, I couldn't decide...

I love the characters and their relationships with one another. I can relate so well to Cameryn Mahony that I feel like I am the main character while I'm reading.

Descriptions are clear as a bell - almost too clear if you don't like forensic details. But I found it tremendously interesting.

The pacing is perfect: fast, yet with moments that allow me to catch my breath before I jump back into the action.

Have you ever read a forensic mystery? Do you have any suggested authors who may be similar?

4 comments:

Laura S. said...

That sounds interesting! I don't think I have read a forensic mystery. It's fascinating stuff though.

Cat Lavoie said...

I love forensic mysteries on TV but I don't think I've ever read one. Sounds very interesting!

Leslie S. Rose said...

I love a book where you can crawl into the MC's skin. Haven't read a forensic mystery, but this one really peaks my interest.

Carolyn V said...

Alane is so cool. I was able to work with her at WIFYRs a few years ago. She is an amazing writer. ;)