When I first started using Google Reader, I found myself wishing I could "star" my favorite blogs - especially when I started following more than 40 to 50 blogs - because it was a pain to look through the entire list trying to remember the name of the one I wanted.
Too bad, I thought.
But on her blog today, Angela Scott mentioned Google Reader folders - organizing certain blogs into certain folders for easier reading. So I did some searching, and will now share with you what I know about Google Reader. Not much, but it may help...
1) When you follow a blog, Blogger keeps track of them on your dashboard. Start there.
2) Click "view in Google Reader"
3) Click "manage subscriptions", lower left of your screen, at the bottom of the list of blogs you follow (Note: if you click "manage" from your dashboard, it will not work. You have to be in Google Reader, as far as I can tell.)
4) Under the subscriptions tab will be a list of the blogs you follow. Click "change folders" on the right of the blog you want to put in a folder.
5) Now you can create a folder or select a folder you've already made. It will show up under the "change folders" button when you're finished.
6) Now click "go back to Google Reader". You may need to refresh the page in order for your new folders to show up.
I am so pleased with this simple, yet happy discovery. See how easy it is to please me? Someone tell my kids how easy it is to please me. What pleases you easily? Maybe short check out lines, an empty dishwasher, kitty hugs, or dryer sheets. Let me know!