Thursday, February 16, 2012

Looks Like a Book II

First, book art...now, book jewelry. They should sell this stuff in the book stores - an obvious hit for a majority of book-lovers, since most of them are women!

I've seen bracelets and necklaces with book charms made out of metal, but that's not what I'm looking for in book jewelry. Something more creative and realistic makes me stop and say Would you look at that!

credit

The only place I've seen this stuff is online. I would buy it. I would collect it. I would brag about it. If it was easier to buy. I'm a one stop, specialty shop sort of gall. It makes me happy to find several items all together. Grumpy calls my name if I have to go all over town (or the internet) to buy one item at a time.

But, if I aquired a collection, I would store it in one of these nifty book boxes, like this...



















credit

Plus, take a look at these beauties - hair pins, and a ring...















credit



















credit

And if I don't want it to look exactly like a book, but rather take after a book, there are these...



















credit



















credit

Have you ever seen anyone wearing this kind of jewelry? Would you?

13 comments:

Heather said...

If I could get the covers I wanted on them, yeah, I totally would!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Michelle .. I don't think I have - but they're good ideas aren't they ... Penguin promoted tea towels and mugs (and probably some other items) in their iconic 30s style paperback books ... different colours for different genres ..

I love the bracelet - I'd buy that .. thanks for showing us .. cheers Hilary

larainydays said...

I love the necklace. I have a little faux stack of books that are actually little drawers for my treasures.

Carolyn V said...

Those are awesome! Love the book jewelry!

Laura Josephsen said...

Oh, how interesting. I'm not big on jewelry, but I do like that box!

Loree Huebner said...

I love the book ring! I want one!

Rebecca Gomez said...

Never seen it, but I might wear it if it was dainty enough. Especially if it was in the form of earrings.

Susan Oloier said...

Those are very pretty. I don't think I'd wear them, but I would appreciate someone else wearing them.

Leslie S. Rose said...

I'm all over the book boxes. I could organize my writing desk. And anything involving Mr. Darcy - swoon.

Cat Lavoie said...

I love the Mr Darcy ring! I would totally wear it.
Have a great weekend! :)

Writer said...

Cute accessories. So far, I haven't seen anyone wearing something like this. I would wear the necklace ;)

Kittie Howard said...

Cute, cute! I'd love little book earrings!

Laura S. said...

Wow, so cool! I'd definitely wear jewelry with a book charm on it. It'd be awesome for authors to make the jewelry with their own book covers on it, or just the title and name. What a fun marketing technique!