Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Author Spotlight: Christy Dorrity

Another friendly, local author, Christy Dorrity, has come up with an idea that makes me say Hm. Why didn't I think of that?

The Book Blogger’s Cookbook has 50 different book reviewers from every corner of the blogosphere. It showcases great reads, provides an interactive experience with links to author and book reviewer websites, and tells why each recipe complements its companion book. Recipes and books combine to make the reading experience satisfying and entertaining.

See what I mean? Recipes bringing back fond reading memories!

One word. Yessssss.

Plus, you can trust these recipes will be worth your while. Have you tried Christy's Dublin Coddle? We eat it regularly since we discovered the recipe on Christy's blog two years ago. Delish.

17 comments:

Leslie S. Rose said...

What an absolutely brilliant concept. I think I've found the perfect Christmas gift for my critique partners.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!

And glad you found my blog . . . love the look of yours, Michelle!

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

I met Christy at the Storymakers conference. Neat lady and a great idea for a cookbook. :)

Christy said...

Michelle, thanks so much for having the cookbook on your blog! I need to make Dublin Coddle again, it's a favorite. Cheers!

Lydia Kang said...

Food and books? Sounds pretty brilliant!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

Great idea! Agree with Lydia, can't beat food and books!

Carol Kilgore said...

It is a great concept. What's not to like? Thanks!

Beth said...

What a great idea! (Why didn't I think of that?)

Talli Roland said...

That's a great idea! I'm hungry just thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea! Will check it out.

Myrna Foster said...

Oh! I just tried Dublin Coddle for the first time about a month ago. It was a crock pot recipe. Mmmm.

This looks great! Thank you for the links! :o)

Donna K. Weaver said...

I have my copy of this cookbook. I love the idea behind it, the recipes look yummy, and the pictures are great.

Deniz Bevan said...

You're right - what an awesome idea! Thanks for the link!

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Mmm. Sounds like a delicious idea! :)

Stradling 5 said...

I'm definitely getting a copy of that book!!

Angela Brown said...

Hopping over to visit from Randy Lindsay's place. He said, "Hi!"

Wonderful author spotlight for today. Food and books always make a nice combination so to make recipes based on some of our fave books is a winner to me.

Margo Berendsen said...

What an interesting idea - combing great reads and recipes. Will check it out.